Quietly Typing

I was given a bucket and told to empty an ocean.

Monday, August 29, 2005

"Ouimet" Just a 'fucking' blogger or a voice for the corp?

I can only say this, when it comes Ouimet, be careful where you place your trust.

Divide and conquer, think about it.

How long will this lockout last? I don't know for certain - but November can be cold.

Both Sides Now
By Joni Mitchell

Rows and floes of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons ev’rywhere
I’ve looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on ev’ryone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It’s cloud illusions I recall
I really don’t know clouds at all

Moons and junes and ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As ev’ry fairy tale comes real
I’ve looked at love that way

But now it’s just another show
You leave ’em laughing when you go
And if you care, don’t let them know
Don’t give yourself away

I’ve looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It’s love’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I’ve looked at life that way

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I’ve changed
Well something’s lost, but something’s gained
In living ev’ry day

I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all
I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all

7 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Charlie. I agree with you that Ouimet is starting to look very much like a management plant. Of course, you could be too, who knows. Which is why I am encouraging anyone who is posting on any site, to quit being journalists. The CBC made sure that you are not right now. You are not obligated to write "balanced" posts. Not only are you not obligated to question your union publicly, you are obligated not to. Question your local president in person. Call Arnold or Lise and ask them the tough questions. Write them an email if you must. But, don't do it on a friggin' blog. It could create the misconception that we are less than united. That will make sure this lockout lasts a long, long time. The day you walk back into work is the day you are obligated to be fair and balanced. Because of the Corporation, you have been placed on one side of an adversarial battle. Crossing the battle lines in posts is hardly any different than crossing the picket line and handing management ammunition.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Tod Maffin said...

Hi Charlie,

I have decided to attempt to verify the authenticity of bloggers who claim to be managers working inside the building. I've had a number of clearly-fake blogs submitted and I want to be sure that I'm not linking to phony blogs.

Would you please email me at tod@todmaffin.com from your @cbc.ca email address? I promise to keep your identity 100% confidential.

Thank you.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous leadneck said...

Yeah, sure! You goonion types are all alike! I sure hope they don't fall for your phony bait, but I guess if they are THAT intelligent - NOT, they deserve it when you 'accidently' reveal who they are, and plead "oh, so sorry!"

Boy, am I ever glad I got out of places that had goonions. Yeah, I know the charter gives YOU the right of association - but what about MY right of non-association. You don't like it when management 'tells you what to do' yet you feel completely free to tell my to BELONG OR GET OUT!!! I got, thank goodness!!
Regards, leadneck

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, if you don't want to associate, don't.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous leadneck said...

7:46-Dude:

In most "shops", one HAS to belong to 'the union' to work there!

So where does my freedom go; I want to work, I am willing to work on MY merits, not be "averaged" with a bunch of mediocre contributors to the success of the firm, but the (wonderful, benevolent) union will stop me from doing so.

Back to you, dude,
regards, leadneck

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tod Maffin has determined the "Charlie" is not a manager. He came to this conclusion after requesting Charlie send him an email from his/her cbc.ca address.

It appears Charlie did respond to Maffin's request.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I'd wait until he updates his blog again. If he hasn't responded by then, we can probably safely call 'fake' on this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home